Modvigil is a nootropic used to promote wakefulness in patients suffering from excessive sleepiness linked with sleep apnea, narcolepsy or any other sleeping disorder. It is also used as for other conditions which are not referred for its intended uses. There are many side-effects associated with the medication and today in this article we are going to look at a brief discussion on Modvigil side effects and its precautions.
Modvigil is the generic version of Modafinil. A complete mechanism of action of the drug is not described anywhere with details but, it is considerate to work by altering the neurotransmitters in the brain.
Modvigil Side effects
In addition to the effects of Modafinil, there are some unwanted Modvigil side effects which are listed below. In any case, if you experience extreme side effects of the medication, immediate medical care is advised.
Major Side Effects
- Increased thirst and urination
- Chest pain
- Fever or chills
- Memory problems
- Rapidly changing moods
- Sore throat
- Trembling or shaking
- Hyperactivity of mouth and eyes
- Mental depression
- Shortness of breath
If though the addiction potential is very low of Modvigil, but there are chances when people take the medication twice a day as it builds up a tolerance in some people and it may lead to overdose if the medication is taken after an interval of time. Symptoms of the overdose are listed below; get immediate help if you see these symptoms.
- Trouble with sleeping
- Increased heartbeat
- Increased blood pressure
Modvigil has been in the limelight for its benefits for a long time now, but knowing the side effects of a medications is also very important, before you introduced it to your life.
Being a regulated substance Modvigil is very hard to get without a prescription from a pharmacy, but there are sources where you can buy Modvigil online from online vendors who are legitimate and trustworthy.
Talking about the side effects there are some side effects which do not need any medical attention as your body tune to the medicine and the side effects go away after some time. Common side effects are not harmful to your life; it may just cause some minor problems in the beginning.
- Dryness of the mouth
- Tingling, burning, or prickling sensations in the skin
- Decrease in appetite
Precautions you can take towards Modvigil side effects
- Before taking Modvigil, make sure to check with your doctor about you allergies, as the medicine can contain active or inactive ingredients that may cause you an allergic reaction.
- Telling about your medical history to your doctor before taking the medication is very important i.e. cardiac problems, liver, blood pressure or mental disorders.
- Modvigil is very effecting on sleep disorders but you may find difficulty in doing things quickly as the drug makes a little dizzy and avoid alcohol when you take the medication.
- If you are pregnant or a lactating mother consult with a doctor about taking the medication as it may not be safe for the baby.